Saturday, May 20, 2006

This is the Drunk Guy's World

Hello and welcome to my world...the Drunk Guy's World, that is. Am I an alcoholic you might ask? No, absolutely not. Alcoholics go to meetings. I, my friend, am a drunk. But then again, who isn't in this city? Who doesn't like to go out after work and blow off some steam over a few cocktails after The Man has spent the last 10 hours of the day winding them to tight that a nun's asshole would be jealous?

Alcohol is not an end unto itself, it's a means to an end . It's what the proletariat use to help them forget how bad their lives are and what the bourgeoisie use to remind them about the greatness of theirs. It's a social conduit that unites people from all walks of life and reminds us that "hey, we're all in this together, so fuck it, let's get bombed and enjoy each other. "

Since this is my very first blog, I think that I should probably set a few ground rules up-front:

Rule 1: Nothing is sacred. I'm not a racist, a sexist, a homophobe, an anarchist, an atheist, or any other -phobe, -ist, or -ism, you might think of. That said, I reserve the right to taunt, make fun of, or talk shit about any race, religion, or political view point I feel like. If you're easily offended, this blog is probably not for you.

Rule 2: I am who I want to be at any particular moment. I call this "The Drunk Guy's Golden Rule." You know what I'm talking about, sometimes you never know what you're going to become after you've had a few drinks. You can become the "happy drunk," the "angry drunk," the "overly touch-feely drunk," the "sad drunk," the "obnoxious drunk"...the list goes on and on. Being that I will most likely be writing some of these blogs after a night on the town, I reserve the right to take on any personality trait for any particular blog. You might also recognize this rule as one that women live by on a daily basis.

Rule 3: Lighten up, it's only life. Read my blog (often), enjoy it, take it with a grain of salt and a shot of tequila, but don't live your life vicariously through my (mis)adventures. Go out and experience it for yourself. Have a few (too many) drinks, pour one out for the homies, and most importantly, enjoy the ride.

Cheers,

NYC Drunk Guy