Saturday, May 27, 2006

Note to Self

Thirsty Thursday's in Hoboken are a bad idea. Yeah, I mean right now I'm feeling no pain whatsoever, but that might have something to do with the eight Stellas, two So-Co and lime shots and Irish Car Bomb I just had. But who’s to say?

Sidebar: I really miss Miss Kitty’s in the ‘Boken...that place was great. I think I pulled more tail there than Patrick Ewing at the Gold Club. OK, maybe not that much, but you get the point.

So why am I not taking a cab home? That’s a great question. I think it’s a combination of the fact that I’m a masocist and that I love riding the trains. No seriously, if you’ve read my other blogs, then you know I can’t get enough of the interesting people I see on the subway and trains in NYC. Like Liza Minnelli needs to start off her day with a vodka martini, I need the trains to help spawn my creativity. Where else in the world do you have a legitimate chance of seeing a transvestite, a bum, a Rabi, a guy that looks like Albert Einstein and another guy that looks like an able-bodied Stephen Hawking all in the same subway car? And yes, this actually happened to me once and I have a picture to prove it.

Unfortunately tonight I’m sharing a subway car with a slightly overweight Mexican dude in a wife beater that has no idea which direction the train is heading. “Hey buddy, read the fucking sign.” I swear to god he’s asked the train conductor if he’s going in the right direction twice in the last five minutes. I guarantee you he’s as drunk as I am right now...but who isn’t bombed riding the fucking PATH train at 1:34AM on a Thursday night. It’s going to be a painful morning tomorrow. Jesus, I need help.